Saturday, June 16, 2012

fashion in europe

I just got back from a vacation to london and paris. IT. WAS. AMAZING.
since this is a fashion blog I thought I would share some styles I saw a lot while I was there. because I was looking at everyone's clothes. I'm not creepy.

and we should be taking fashion advice from europeans. because they are smart.

TIGHTS

 so many people were wearing tights. mostly black either with shorts or skirts or dresses. I never really liked the idea of shorts with tights, but it's growing me.


FLATS 

It seems like not as many people have been wearing flats here lately, but it was definitely the most common type of shoe people were wearing. and... a lot of them had bows. 


OXFORDS

like here, a lot of people were wearing oxfords. I guess it's a large spread trend.

DARK COLORS

I felt very out of place in my bright blue rain jacket because so many people were wearing dark neutrals and muted colors. There were a few pops of color, but dark colors were everywhere.

NO TOMS


I thought it was really interesting that I saw NO ONE wearing TOMS. I saw like 3 americans wearing them, but that's it. It was weird and kind of refreshing not seeing any because everyone is obsessed with them here :)


and that is about all right now. maybe I'll be back with more, but I can't think of anything else right now. see ya.


2 comments:

  1. Thrilled about the Paris vacation, lucky you! More Paris observations s'il vous plait, merci. Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I meant to ask you about that. When I was in Scotland EVERYONE was wearing black tights with shorts. I thought it was just because it was so cold but it was spring and that was what they do to be able to wear spring fashions but still stay warm. That's interesting that they were wearing them there too.
    When I was in the Netherlands last year it was scarves. The kind that are circles--I forget what they are called.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete