Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Here are the pictures of my homemade shirt I made for independence day.
I think it turned out pretty well :)
the supplies

I used this green shirt as a sort of stencil because I liked how it fit... before it shrank anyways... which is why I added the red fabric at the bottom.

the two shirts compared

the final product.
I was very proud of myself because this time I remembered to prewash the fabric AND finish the seams which I always forget to do... I'm really smart.

and here is a picture of Markee in her Avengers shirt and me in my homemade shirt at the parade. we are so cute. and white. ridiculously white.

I had a really, really fun holiday spent with family. we went to a parade, had a barbecue with deeeelicous food, launched bottle rockets (and also other random items like smarties and blueberries and smokies... hahaha). and then we went to a grassy area and played and watched fireworks later and played this game. it was wonderful.  
and IT'S RAINING TODAY!!!! YAHOO.

2 comments:

  1. Good work re the top, pleased to read it's raining re the terrible fires you mentioned. Can be very bad here in Australia. F

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you're talented! I could never make something like that. Yay for rain!!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete