Saturday, July 14, 2012

dress into scarf and shirt

A long time ago I got a blue dress from target. It got too short after a while and so it had been sitting in my closet for ages unworn. I had an epiphany not too long ago and decided to turn it into a shirt. so I unstitched the bottom layer and took in the sides and I discovered the bottom layer could be used as a scarf... tada!


and here is the shirt.
and you will also see that this is my first photographed attempt at wearing tights with shorts. how did I do?
also, the necklace I am wearing has a pretty great backstory. In ninth grade french my crazy teacher would always throw frooties at the class. and so I started collecting the wrappers with my pal kathleen.... I don't know why... and at the end of the school year we had like, millions of wrappers... and we were crafty and made necklaces and stuff. yep. it's special.
oh. and today I went to a clothing exchange with my cool friend erika. and we got some treasures I tell you, TREASURES. I am excited to unveil them.
Oh... AND... IT'S MARKEE'S BIRTHDAY TODAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARKEE!!!!



details:
first shirt: h&m
scarf: diy
polkadot shirt: downeast
blue shirt: diy
shorts, tights: old navy
legwarmers... worn as socks: claires
converse: famous footwear
necklace: diy
bracelet: gift

No comments:

Post a Comment